Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Project Pictorial

Every now and then, I look through my downloaded photos to both Instagram and here on my computer, and I find finished projects I haven't shared with you!  So here is a little "project pictorial".....

Finished!! I hope whoever receives my Xmas decoration at our #melbournemqg get together likes it! #liberty #aurifil

My Christmas ornament for the Melbourne Modern Quilt Guild swap!  I cracked open my Liberty stash for this one, and love how it turned out.  We swapped on Saturday at our Sit and Sew day, and thankfully my recipient said she loved it!

Custom order bag number one finished!

I have had a few last custom orders to get finished before Christmas.  Last week, I managed to get two 241 Totes made - this one is made from some Home Dec fabric I purchased at Spotlight months ago and linen.....

And the second..... Ticking off lists here.....

And this one is from some of the delicious Enchino I brought back from Japan, and more linen blend fabric.  I love them both!

Kate Spain Zippered Pouch

Now this little project I made months ago!  And forgot to share!  I wanted to make something for Kate Spain in return for her generosity during the Charm swap/along and also with my Pavement Puddles quilt.  I got all the teeny weeny scraps from my KS wall hanging and just made them work!

Kate Spain Zippered Pouch

On the other side, I paper pieced a K and then free motion quilted the rest of her name.

Kate Spain Zippered Pouch

Teeeeeeny weeeeeeny pieces of yummy fabric scraps!  I think the pouch ended up being around 12" long, so that gives you an idea of how small these are.

Kate Spain Zippered Pouch

I filled it with yummy Aussie sweets and the lovely Quilt Jane hand delivered my present to Kate at Quilt Market for me.  Thanks Jane!

Cushion for Skye

This delightful cushion started off as a bee block.  And went terribly wrong when I trimmed all 27 geese down to size, without realising the tutorial meant finished size PLUS seam allowance.  So I was left with all these yummy geese with nowhere to fly......  Then I read the bio of the November recipient in my Aussie Handmade Birthday Swap and see she loves yellow and orange!  Win win!  So I added some bits of white here and then to make it all fit and symmetrical, and BAM - cushion cover done!

Cushion for Skye

I backed it with this beautiful Flora print!

Custom order Folkart Horse Cushion

And yesterday - well, I finished this amazing custom order cushion cover!  The customer requested a horse cushion.  So I searched the interwebs, and given this was for a 10 year old girl, I figured the horse should look as realistic as possible!  I used THIS pattern.

Custom order Folkart Horse Cushion

Fast forward to when I cut out all the pieces of pattern and nearly died at what I had in front of me!  But I am SO glad I didn't chicken out and just jumped in.  I am absolutely in love with the finished product and can't wait to send it off to the customer.  I used a multitude of fabrics and pieced and quilted it using 40wt Aurifil threads in brown, turquoise and pink.

Custom order Folkart Horse Cushion

And a little Wee Wander for the backing!

Phew.  That's it - for now!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have some amazing things here! I love your horse pillow and the Kate bag... pretty much everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All gorgeous! I love the blue bag, especially and the horse pillow is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lots of great projects. Can't imagine how you got 241 totes made in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, misread the 241...two totes made (shouldn't type any replies before my coffee). Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were busy, but I love it all. Especially the preset for Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I love it all! The horse is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful projects. That little Kate pouch is my favorite. It's just so well done. The bags are amazing as well, I love a linen or linen blend; they just make the colors pop in such an amazing way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fabrics were perfect for the horse. I am sure it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. But within minutes more than 2,600 tickets for the three gigs air max pas cher were up for resale via the Ticketmaster owned Get Me In site alone, with standing spaces from 65% above face value and seats costing up to nine times what they were originally sold for. Elsewhere Seatwave had more than 1,000 tickets available and the ebay owned nike air max pas cher Stub Hub over 1,500. “This is just the latest example of how touts are completely distorting the ticket market, leaving fans in the North East and across the country disappointed or facing having to fork out much more than they 2015 nike air max pas cher should to see their favourite band,” Ms Hodgson said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...