Friday, August 22, 2014

T.G.I.F.F. - This And That

I have achieved quite a lot this week.  I finished off my quilt top for the Sew Kind Of Wonderful Blog Hop (you will have to be patient and wait until my stop on the hop next Friday), got all my bee blocks for QCA Bee #5 up to date, and am now a month ahead AND today whipped up this gorgeous cushion cover for an upcoming showcase at Tilda & Birdie on FB.

Sleeping Beauty Cushion

When I saw there was a Heather Ross Showcase coming up, I had to put my hand up.  I've been collecting HR for a little while now, and like a good showcase to make me think outside the box.  Well, clearly not too far out of the box - given it's another cushion cover - but colour palette wise, this is different for me!  I cut a gorgeous little charm of Sleeping Beauty from my original Far Far Away linen blend and then worked my way outwards.  I used my 9" Economy Block tutorial for the centre, and then added a couple more borders to bring it up to size.

Sleeping Beauty Cushion

I love the back of the cushion.  This Briar Rose print is one of the cutest ever!  And I even managed to match the print so well it doesn't look like it has been cut!  There IS a zipper in there :)

Sleeping Beauty Cushion

I kept the quilting simple.  Nice little straight lines of Aurifil #2024 on the white sections - giving it a gorgeous texture.  The pink print has a little buzzy bee meandering pattern.

And just because it's TGIFF, here are those bee blocks, care of my IG feed.....

Playing catch up on bee blocks today! First cab off the rack.... #qcabee5

Simple little butterfly blocks.

One epic 18" blocks for @bendigolioness had to use my brain for this one! #qcabee5

This not-so-simple maze block!  It did my head in for a little bit, but I do love the end result - even if it is rather "busy".  You can find the tutorial for it HERE.

Final block for today just finished!! A sort of kind of #nestedchurndash for #qcabee5

And a very late night pic of the solids block for Carlie.  I'm not a solids kind of girl, and the only two solids I have in my stash that I really actually like were the pink and gold Art Gallery fabrics.  Carlie requested a sampler block.  So I browsed Pinterest and came up with nothing I really loved.  Instead, I started out with Quilt Jane's Nested Churndash, making it up to the 8.5" size, and then added a couple of borders to bring it up to 12.5".  A friend called it a "framed churndash".  Sounds good to me!

Anyway, that's it for this week.  Another busy week ahead.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

I'm linking up - You can too!


8 comments:

  1. Love the cushion and that backing is pretty spectacularly matched. The blocks are pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cushion! I love your framed churn dash too with the frame and centre in black. It has a really great effect!

    How do you find these showcases?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so in love with this cute Heather Ross pillow, never had heather ross fabric in my hand, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fussy cut princess cushion - looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! I love the princess cushion. It's adorable and the backing fabric is perfectly matched. Nice job. Love the maze block too. It would make an interesting secondary pattern, I'm sure. Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you were a busy quilter! I love ALL the blocks you made. That cushion is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that pillow is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that maze block and your fabric choices are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...