Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Stash - The Magazine Edition

A few years back, a friend's Mum de-stashed a huge amount of sewing goods.  Part of that stash was a big old pile of quilting magazines.  At the time, I was not a quilter, so had absolutely no use whatsoever for them!  A lady from an online sewing group came past and picked them all up happily.  Then, once she found out I was quilting, she dropped a bunch back in to me.....

2014-08-31_06-56-04

Where they have happily sat atop my shelves in my sewing room.  Without being opened.  Ummmmm.......

So why am I telling you all of this?  Wellllllll.......... Something very exciting is happening in the quilting world, and I just happen to be playing a part in it.  You see, the first and only Australian online quilting magazine will be released tomorrow!!  And I was asked if I would like to be a contributor!  Ahhhhh, yeh!!!

Make Modern is - well, let them tell you what they are:

MAKE MODERN: An online quilt magazine for quilters, by quilters.

We strive to inspire, motivate and enable quilters around the world! The Make Modern team is passionate about modern quilting and sewing - and we know we're not alone in this. So if you're looking for your next project (despite the fact you may have 15 projects already on the go), then you have come to the right place. Our magazine has projects for those new to sewing, as well as advanced projects for those sewists looking for a challenge. Let us unite in our love of cutting up perfectly good fabric and sewing it back together again!

Let's Make Modern.

Doesn't that sound perfect?

So I decided on my project, completed it and sent some delightful photos to the team.  Just so excited to be a part of something so fabulous, and it turns out they liked my project so much - they asked if they could feature it on THE COVER!!!  Whattttt????


Make Modern Magazine Cover - With my quilt on the front!

Needless to say, I answered with a resounding YES.  I was so excited, I nearly wet my pants when they released the cover photo last week.

The Make Modern team released a preview of the magazine today, to entice you with its fabulousness before it's big debut tomorrow.  You can check it out HERE.

Now, given I have just confessed to NOT reading quilting magazines (OK, I bought one a few weeks ago, and actually read it from cover to cover. But it was because I had a little spot in it with artist trading cards!) why would I be gushing about a quilting magazine and telling you all how much I love it?  Well, I'm an "online quilter".  I have learnt to quilt through the online community.  I share my quilting through this here blog.  I spend a hell of a lot of my time online.  It is only fitting that my first magazine feature and quilt pattern would be in an online magazine!  Yes?  

As you can tell, by all of my babble, I am incredibly excited.  I am incredibly proud.  And I am incredibly terrified!  There are so many amazing and talented artists in the first edition, you HAVE to get yourself a copy and share in the excitement.

Make Modern have a wonderful Blog Hop lined up to celebrate the release, and I will be sharing more about my quilt and the pattern with you on the 23rd of September.  Be sure to subscribe to their newsletter, so you can stay up to speed with all things MM.

And just because I love you all so much - here's a little out take from the photo shoot I did.  This gorgeous girl was ever SO helpful during the process ;)

mmblog2

I'm linking up - You can too!

Molli Sparkles

16 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful shout out, Midge!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Love the colours of the quilt, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thrilling for you!!! Congratulations!! Your quilt is gorgeous and I love those colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very exciting for you!! I love your quilt - and your assistant is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting - I'm looking forward to buying the pattern. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to this new online mag and your quilt on the cover looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! Lovely quilt and a gorgeous model jumping on the bed. Sew proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Your quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations - it's a lovely quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your quilt is so beautiful.... love the colors and it is stunning on the cover!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That IS really exciting news. Congratulations. I'm sure you are still floating on the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an accomplishment! And it sure is a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Beautiful quilt ... very well deserved cover feature. Love the jumping on the bed photo ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Ms Midge, I am currently making my way throught Make Modern. In your section of the magazine you have a stunning blue and white patterned quilt pictured. I am wondering is this your quilt, designed by you and if so is the pattern available for purchase. As I would love to make it in the near future! I too am a blue and white fan and especially a fan of star quilts too! I would be very gratefull if you would be able to make contact with me regarding that picture or tell me where are who it was made by so I can make contact with them with my aim of buying the pattern. Thanking you inadvance, loving the magazine. Julie Beard. St. Mary's Adelaide. julie714@adam.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...