Sunday, August 3, 2014

Kate Spain Charm Along Linky Party!

All of this Kate Spain charm fun had to come to an end eventually, and I'm afraid now is the time!  I have thoroughly enjoyed the charm swap and the creating with all those beautiful fabrics, and am pleased to show you ONE of my finished projects!  The other one will be unveiled later this week.  But for now, I give you Kate Spain Hexed....

KS Charm Along

This lovely little wall hanging consists of 66 charms from the swap and a couple of half hexies from my stash of other KS lovelies.  I had already finished off a quilt top using the other 46 charms, and wondered what to make with these.  I then found the half hexie templates I bought over a year ago hiding in my drawer, and thought I'd give them a go.

KS Charm Along 

And for my first ever attempt at any type of hexie, I must say, I really love them.  Even though my templates are really made for 2.5" strips or longer lengths of fabric, they just fit on the charm squares, and only just cut off the edges of the hexies at the bottom.  But this actually worked fine!  I love the preciseness of the points where they join.

KS Charm Along 

I quilted it using a beautiful creamy gold Aurifil #2000.  I started off in the centre and worked my way outwards in a "bloom" pattern.  It adds some pretty superb texture!  Around the borders I added some pebbles in a zig zag motion and then outlined them with some straight lines.  I love the effect it has given.

KS Charm Along 

The backing is the last of an Ikea print I bought a couple of years ago.

KS Charm Along

This will be hanging somewhere in my house - I'm not sure where yet!  But I love that I'm going to have a reminder of my first ever charm swap!

Now - it's your turn!  I have rounded up these amazing Australian sponsors, with fabulous prizes for some lucky charm-alongers!  All you have to do is link up your project at the bottom of this post before 5pm WEDNESDAY THE 6TH OF AUGUST, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA TIME, and the winners will be chosen and announced Wednesday night here on the blog.

$50 Gift Voucher.jpg
A $50 Voucher OR a Kate Spain Solstice Jelly Roll from fabricgarden.com.au
10529642_10152970726748082_1016553637_n
Mystery Bundle from Gnomeangel.com

patternsonly
$20 Voucher to spend at Patternsonly.com

kate
FQ bundle of Daisies 'n such from katequilts.com
kelliottmagic.com.au
12 FQ Solids bundle from kelliottmagic.com

MerlyLou Designs Spring Cushion Pattern & Woollen Felt Kit
AND....... Drum Roll..........

horizon

A very special prize for one of the Aussie Charm Swappers - from Kate Spain herself!  Horizon charm pack, Kate Spain Journal and Playing Cards!



10 comments:

  1. Love, love, love...as you know I would! Us KS addicts have to stick together. LOL And wait til you see what new project I'm working on. It won't be revealed until the fall but it is very exciting. I know you will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iv linked up with my flicker bit iv made a mistake and dont know how to fix, it's not showing my photo's :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! I have a half hex ruler, and I have yet to use it. Thanks for jogging my memory and giving me a push to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posted my Quilt and Tablerunner.
    First time used charms.
    First time used Ikea fabric for the back (brilliant stuff)
    First time part of a charm swap
    First time in a competition
    First time I have used so many different fabrics in a quilt
    Quilt for our home help lady who has been with us for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, tried making a blog yesterday, but didnt go ahead with it, stupid page has logged me in as a blogger.
    Cheers
    Sandie Keeble

    ReplyDelete
  6. Far out! I love it and I want one! Love the way you did the pebbles in the zig-zag, it frames your work beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pebble zig zags look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt! Even if it is hexagons - hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how yours turned out, especially the quilting! Do the projects have to be quilted and bound to link up? My top is finished but a million and one things came up and it's probably just going to be basted in time but not finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...