Friday, October 5, 2012

Gonna Make You Sweat!

I had no intention on writing a blog post tonight.  I have worked all day, then gone straight to the Season Opener for Junior Cricket......................................   Sorry, that is a big long line of dots because the excitement that cricket brings to my life is just that, like a long line of dots.    And now that I'm home and have make a hot chocolate, put on my pj pants and started popping the immune system boosting tablets I bought from the chemist on the way home, I decided it was a good time to catch up on all the blogs I read.

UNTIL

I logged in and found that Blogger wanted to tell me:

"You are currently not following any blogs"

WTF?!?!?!?  Not normally one to panic, I felt my heart pick up pace and my finger clicking the mouse, trying to figure out what kind of cruel game Blogger was playing with me??  I diverted the mouse back to FB, to my handy-dandy-blogging-library-friends, where I put out my anxiety ridden call to help.  And thankfully, a lovely level headed blogger calmed me by saying it had happened to her and to refresh or go out and back in to Blogger.    PHEW.  (Thanks Carmel).

So in a bizarre roundabout way, it made me think of some of the things that make me sweat.  The things that raise my blood pressure or peels anxiety out of its hiding place.  So here are a few.....

*  Meeting new people - namely Mothers whom I've never met before.  This should not worry me, but it does.  I can't help wondering what they think of me?  Don't talk too much.  Don't not talk enough.  Don't get too friendly.  Sad I know.

*  Watching my kids hurt.  Like, really hurt.  The hurt that produces tears.  Each of my four kids have done damage enough to themselves to reduce me to a mess.  And I'm pretty sure there will be more.

*  Expecting visitors and looking around to see my house resembles a literal bomb site.  Happens all too often.  Although I go into a tizz over it - it's also the best remedy to a messy house.  Never do I clean as well as when I am expecting people!

*  Big sporting events.  Strange.  11 years ago, before I met Andrew, I had never really watched sport.  Never participated in sport (well, apart from my famous season of soccer when I got the trophy for most improved).  Never had family members participating in sport.  Now I find myself at Cricket finals.  Basketball finals (remember THIS final?).  And bloody AFL Grand Finals!  It's all too much....

Ok.  I could go on and on.  But it's now 10.30pm and I need to walk back down the freaking stairs (I now FULLY understand why my pleas for a house with stairs when I was younger fell on my parents' deaf ears) and get another fancy Immune-boosting tablet, before traipsing back up here to curl up in bed and hopefully be cured of this lurgy by morn.

Tell me - what makes you sweat?  Well, apart from the obvious??

Night night!

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing the 'visitors coming' panic clean, so that's my sweat for the day. The embarassing thing is though, that even when I clean when no one's coming, my son always excitedly asks me, 'are we having visitors?' gulp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...