Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To be Grateful - Day twenty-four

Hmmmm.....where to begin this evening? Life, as we know it, has gone straight back to normal in precisely 24 hours. Whilst I was away, I can honestly say I felt a wonderful sense of calm and relaxation. Now that I am back home, the calmness is making an exit and relaxation has once again made itself scarce! But I shant complain, I shall merely vent my feelings to any or all of you reading on....

1. I am grateful that Chloe is such a good little girl, and sits in a trolley or a pram for any extended length of time so I can walk around the shopping centre leisurely. I went in search of something I thought was quite simple - large cushions for our lounge. But alas, not one store in the centre stocked them! So instead, Chloe and I headed for Gloria Jean's and enjoyed a hot chockie and babycino...

2. I am grateful, every single day, that I have my husband. My beautiful neighbour lost hers to cancer earlier this year, and she is struggling. The past couple of days I have noticed her car in the driveway, which means she is not at work, and leads me to believe she's not doing so well. I have thought about going over there and asking if she wants to share a cuppa, but I fear I will be intruding. I honestly don't know what to do.

3. I'm grateful I have Foxtel IQ. Another strange thing to be grateful for, but it really is the one luxury I don't mind paying for each month. This afternoon whilst Chloe slept, I went through all my recorded shows and watched an episode of Oprah from last week. It was about four boys who were adopted and cruelly abused and neglected. It made me oh so grateful for the childhood I was afforded. There are so many sad, sad stories out there about people who have led such unfortunate lives, but luckily for these boys, their lives have been turned around by the amazing open hearts of a couple who have adopted them and given them the love and family they so deserved. Makes me proud to be a human being when I see such kindness.

And just quickly, I'm going to share with you a 'status update' going through Facebook at present. I loved it and shared, so will share with you - "They say true friends can go for long periods of time without speaking & never question your friendship. This type of friend picks up like they spoke to you yesterday, regardless of how long its been, how far away they live & they dont hold grudges. They understand that lifes busy, but that youll always love them".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...