Friday, July 23, 2010

To be Grateful - Day five...

I almost forgot to be grateful tonight! Phew....got in just before bed time.

Another big day in our household with my husband commencing his first of four days of "intensive learning" at university. What does that mean? Four days in a row of 12 hour classes......so he has just arrived home with brain over-load, whilst I am winding down from a day at work.

So tonight's gratefulness goes a little something like this:

1. I have just spent the past hour looking through old photos, searching for one in particular. This has made me realise, again, how grateful I am for all of my "old" friends. Women who have known me for such a long, long time. A handful of them 30 years. They have been there for me through the good, the bad and the sometimes ugly! And they still love me as I am.

2. I am grateful that pretty much every Friday for the past seven years, my mother-in-law has come to our house to babysit, enabling me to go to work. This has been an immense help to not only myself, but also my husband and I really do wonder what we would have done without her. My children have also benefitted from having a brilliant relationship with their Nanna, and I will always be thankful for that.

3. I am grateful I had a good laugh at work today. I've said before how much I love my job, and today was no different. I'm glad my co-workers all have a good sense of humour!

That's it for tonight....I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...